Please check out this Benztown audio tribute to soul and R&B singer and Miami music pioneer, Betty Wright, who died in Miami yesterday from cancer at age 66.
Wright was born Bessie Regina Norris and is best known for her ’70s hit, “Clean Up Woman”, which she recorded at age 17 and which reached No. 6 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart and sold more than a million copies.
Wright’s “Where Is the Love,” earned her a Grammy for Best R&B Song in 1976. She was later named the Rhythm and Blues Foundation Pioneer for Individual Artists in 2000.
- Warner Music Group Relaunches Sesame Street Records
- Dog In The Snow Share New Track “Roses”
- DeDe McGuire Syndicated Radio Host Compass Media Networks
- How To Stop Hay Fever Ruining Your Skin This Summer (Demo)
- Chubb Rock and SiMan Go National with New Syndicated Show
- Why Men’s Health Month Is So Important
- V103’s Tigger Talks about Beyonce and Diddy’s Recent Purchases
- EVVIE MCKINNEY SIGNS WITH MOTOWN GOSPEL & CAPITOL CMG
- J. Cole Announces Special Guests For His Upcoming ‘KOD’ Tour
- LIFE Share New Track “Switching On”