Island Records president Darcus Beese announced today the appointment of Ayelet Schiffman to the position of the label’s Senior Vice President, Head of Promotion. She will be based out of the label’s NY headquarters, will work with Republic Records’ promotion staff, and report to COO Eric Wong.
Beese has commented on the appointment:
“As Island Records continues to grow and take shape, a key element of every artist’s success is the staff’s dedication to their music… Ayelet has shown that she possesses an intuitive and strategic approach to radio and it is crystal clear she will make a significant impact at Island.”
Wong also praised Schiffman:
“Ayelet has an incredible reputation and track record of success in the industry… “She’s a visionary with creativity and skill, which make her an extraordinary addition to the Island family.”
Schiffman has spent 24 years at Sony Music, recently as SVP of rhythm & dance promotion at Columbia Records. Over recent years she has been pivotal in the success of artists including Beyoncé, J. Cole, Pharrell, John Legend, Adele, and Calvin Harris.
- The Fashion Statement of 2020: Protective Face Masks
- Amazon Music’s Alex Luke wants Alexa in cars
- Who Raps Better? Benny or Conway? | The Joe Budden Podcast
- Vince Staple’s Announces New Project
- ASCAP Launches HBCU Paid Internship Program
- "Club Quarantine" Legend D-Nice Teaching Master Class
- Dr. DeForest Soaries Talks Financial Freedom And The DFree Global Foundation
- Netflix Original “Rapture” Launches March 30
- RF Focus 2018 Top Urban Radio Station List
- Shows Shonda Rhimes is Bringing to Netflix