Anderson .Paak 12 Tone Deal
The music industry continues to branch itself in a new direction and industry vet Doug Morris’ is ahead of the 8 ball with his brand new 12 Tone label. He has just signed Anderson .Paak an artist who is merely scratching the surface of his potential.
Morris’ legendary and storied career in the industry has been more than 30 years having worked in the top ranks at all three of the biggest label corporations. He will be exiting his current post as a nonexecutive Chairman at Sony Music at the end of March and former Def Jam CEO Steve Bartels will join him in his new venture.
Morris has been working on a deal for his label with Warner. .Paak, 31, a California native is currently also signed to Dr Dre’s Aftermath with a current single “Till It’s Over” directed by Spike Jonze making the rounds. We recently saw a video where Dre joined .Paak onstage in London and the crowd lost it. Some industry insiders state the .Paak’s deal is in conjunction with Apple but we have been informed this not the case. We will keep you posted.
- Childish Gambino Cancels Australia Tour
- HAVES AND THE HAVE NOTS Season Premiere on OWN
- Radio Facts: New Study Highlights Movie and TV Streaming Sites’ Increasing Dominance
- Richard Aborn Discusses Citizens Crime Commission Of NYC, Reforming Police Training + More
- The Joe Budden Podcast Episode 365 | Church Pimps Feat. Benny The Butcher
- Blacks Asked to Leave Wild Wing Cafe because White Customer Felt Threatened
- Radio Facts 10 Best Black Radio DJs of All Time
- Why is #NoNotoriety only used for whites?
- Joe Apologizes to Logic | The Joe Budden Podcast
- The Breakfast Club Radio Show Interviews Judge Faith Jerkins