NMPA TO HONOR ALICIA KEYS WITH SONGWRITER ICON AWARD AT ANNUAL MEETING
Washington, D.C. – The National Music Publishers’ Association (NMPA) today announced that this year’s Songwriter Icon Award will be presented to 15-time Grammy-winning, multi-platinum songwriter, producer, arranger and musician Alicia Keys.
She will be honored not only for her credits as a music creator, but for her role as an inspirational figure to millions.
“We are incredibly excited to honor the legendary Alicia Keys,” said NMPA President & CEO David Israelite. “She’s a songwriter icon, but she is also an icon of confidence and encouragement to all. Through her writing, performing, philanthropy, mentoring and advocacy for fair compensation for her fellow songwriters, she is a true force for good in our industry and beyond. She wrote the phenomenal “Songs in A Minor” as a teenager and hasn’t slowed down since. Keys is synonymous with the anthem for New York City, and we could not be more privileged to present her with our Songwriter Icon Award in the Empire State this June.”
This year’s annual meeting will take place on Wednesday, June 13 at The Edison Ballroom in Times Square. NMPA’s largest event brings together the entire music industry each spring to celebrate music creators and discuss the most relevant issues affecting the industry.
In addition to performances and speakers, NMPA honors outstanding songwriters, executives and NMPA President & CEO David Israelite gives his State of the Industry Address.
- 100 Hip Hop and RNB FM Playlist
- It’s Time To Rethink Your Cleansing Routine (Demo)
- Who Raps Better? Benny or Conway? | The Joe Budden Podcast
- 07 Here’s All the Fashion News You Missed This Week (Demo)
- Dr. DeForest Soaries Talks Financial Freedom And The DFree Global Foundation
- Netflix Original “Rapture” Launches March 30
- Catherine Brewton BMI Vice President, Writer/Publisher Relations Atlanta
- UNSUNG REVIEW: Billy Preston… One Very Sad Show
- NEW SVP OF MARKETING FOR REPUBLIC RECORDS
- A Message From Charlamagne Tha God