ALEC KING RELEASES NEW TRACK “7PM”
Buzzing Los Angeles-based artist Alec King releases his new track “7PM” today [The Heavy Group/Republic Records].
Listen to “7PM”: HERE
“This song was inspired by a brief fling I had with a girl years ago. She was gorgeous, both mentally and physically, but mental health kept her in a comfortable shell and she didn’t want to leave the house. I tried to break that shell and show her the world, we’d talk about it all week. But every Friday I’d see her with sweatpants on, joint in her hand, and I’d melt into the couch with her. In the snap of a finger it was Sunday and the weekend was over, cycle repeat,” says Alec King on the track.
This fall, Alec King went on his debut US tour with diva on the rise, Kiana Ledé. He performed to sold out venues, including Los Angeles, Chicago, New York, Washington DC and more, winning the crowd over with his infectious charm, incredible stage presence and catchy songs.
It takes some balls to name your official debut EP, Greatest Hits, Vol. 1, a whole two years into your career…It takes even bigger balls to follow it up with a sequel entitled, Greatest Hits, Vol. 2, just a few months later, but Los Angeles-based genre disruptor Alec King possesses the sort of real reckless (and riotous) charm and guts sadly absent in modern popular culture and music. Fittingly, Alec does everything independent and D.I.Y. The results prove gleefully and gloriously fresh, fiery, and fun as he fuses clever pop, wiseass hip-hop, and indie panache. Alex first turned heads with his independent 2018 breakout hit, “Visions.” As it racked up 2 million-plus cumulative streams, he inked a publishing deal with Sony/ATV. Evocative of his sharp sense of humor, “Boy Do We Love Alcohol” received praise from Dancing Astronaut, among others. The Heavy Group/Republic Records snatched him up in 2019 as Greatest Hits, Vol. 1 stoked buzz further with the single “Keep It Real” [feat. Rich The Kid]. With his new project Greatest Hits, Vol. 2, he proves worthy of its title with bangers from Alec worth sharing for years to come.
- Childish Gambino Cancels Australia Tour
- Blacks Asked to Leave Wild Wing Cafe because White Customer Felt Threatened
- Washington Redskins Change Name To ‘Washington Football Team’
- Board of Governors Approves FAMU Reopening Plan
- “The BOB & TOM Show” Comes to Chicago Radio
- DAVE EAST ANNOUNCES DEBUT ALBUM, SURVIVAL, TO BE RELEASED ON NOVEMBER 8 VIA DEF JAM RECORDINGS/MASS APPEAL
- Joe Apologizes to Logic | The Joe Budden Podcast
- Radio Facts 10 Best Black Radio DJs of All Time
- The Joe Budden Podcast Episode 364 | Apodogy
- The Ordinary Is Launching A Face Mask (Demo)