ABC AUDIO WILL OFFER A COVID-19 TEXT AND VIDEO FEED TO INTERESTED RADIO STATIONS – REGARDLESS OF CURRENT AFFILIATION WITH ABC – AS A PUBLIC SERVICE
Beginning today ABC Audio will offer a COVID-19 digital text feed to interested radio stations as a public service. Stations — regardless of their current affiliation with ABC Audio or ABC News Radio — can utilize the new RSS feed to auto-populate their websites and apps with stories related to COVID-19 without a fee.
The feed will feature a selection of important news stories, including the latest developments in the coronavirus outbreak and updates from health authorities and medical providers, as well as entertainment stories about the impact COVID-19 has on the industry.
“In these uncertain times ABC Audio is trying to help all radio stations keep their listeners informed. As more station staff members work remotely, we want to offer ready-made material for as many platforms as possible,” Stacia Deshishku, Vice President and General Manager of ABC Audio, remarked. “This new digital feed and social media content will enable stations to concentrate on their audio operations secure in the knowledge that their listeners and readers are up to date with the latest COVID-19 information.”
In addition to the digital text feed, ABC Audio is offering stations the use of video and social media content from the ABC Power Portal, also at no cost. These pieces, curated and created by ABC, will also contain content related to the COVID-19 virus including celebrity interviews, entertainment and health news.
Both services are being offered as a courtesy of ABC Audio through April 30th, 2020. For information on how to obtain access to these services, please email Christopher.Venice@abc.com or Mary.E.McCarthy@abc.com.
- Dog In The Snow Share New Track “Roses”
- 10 R&B Songs that NEVER Die
- Warner Music Group Relaunches Sesame Street Records
- The Radio Facts Top 10 Best Black Singing Groups of All Time
- 8 Things that will Most Likely Change after the Self-Quarantine
- Warren G Tells Amazing Early Dr. Dre and Snoop Stories
- Chubb Rock and SiMan Go National with New Syndicated Show
- No more serifs, same bright colours: Google new identity (Demo)
- V103’s Tigger Talks about Beyonce and Diddy’s Recent Purchases
- VNUE, Inc. Welcomes Radio Industry Veteran John Madison