It has been ten years since the release of Kanye West’s fourth studio album “808s & Heartbreak.” Producer and co-writer of the album, Malik Yusef, has announced that there will be an anniversary tour.
The tour will feature local artists performing renditions of the tracks since West won’t be a part of the tour. According to Yusef, West has given his blessing on the tour. The tour is scheduled to stop at 15 cities across the U.S. These cities include New York, Boston, Atlanta, Austin, Las Vegas, and Los Angeles.
Yusef is sponsoring and hosting the tour and will be picking an artist to perform in their own hometown through online voting. Any musician who wants to be a part of the event will have to perform different songs from the album in their own style. The video will be uploaded, and fans from the respective cities will be able to vote on who will perform. No other details have been revealed.
Dates have not been released, but the tour will take place in 2019.
- Cop Hits Black Woman in the Face
- Run The Jewels Speak On Social Awakening, Systemic Change, Police Funding, New Album + More
- Richard Aborn Discusses Citizens Crime Commission Of NYC, Reforming Police Training + More
- Gary’s Tea: Lil Duval Sued Over “Stealing” Hit Song “Smile (Living My Best Life)” [WATCH]
- The Best Street Style From Australian Fashion Week (Demo)
- Morgan St., Hopkins join national smart home project
- Job Opening: Beasley Media Seeks Operations Manager
- Singer/Rap Pioneer Sylvia “Pillow Talk” Robinson Dies
- Star-Studded Musical Tribute Saluting Aretha Franklin
- UMe Celebrates Record Store Day Black Friday 2018