Radio Facts: Earlier we’ve noted the RIAA report highlighting that streaming drove 75% of music industry revenue last year. A new breakdown highlights that, of this record-setting streaming, the R&B/hip-hop genre has been dominating streaming over the last year at a combined 30% of all on-demand streams (267.4 billion clicks of 901 billion total clicks). Second largest was rock music at 14.2 percent of the market. As a whole, streaming was up 42.6% over 2017.
The most streamed artist was Drake, according to Nielsen Music, collecting 11.13 billion on-demand streams. This is a yearly record for an artist, and Drake is also the first act to earn 10 billion streams for his songs in a calendar year. His songs formed 1.2% of the total streams across all artists in all genres.
- KJ Bland Exits Service Broadcasting
- The Joe Budden Podcast Episode 365 | Church Pimps Feat. Benny The Butcher
- HAVES AND THE HAVE NOTS Season Premiere on OWN
- YouTube Expands Coachella Partnership
- Gary’s Tea: Lil Duval Sued Over “Stealing” Hit Song “Smile (Living My Best Life)” [WATCH]
- Debunking the Myths about Radio DJs
- Hot Spot: These Are The Highest Paid Celebrities On Instagram! [WATCH]
- The Breakfast Club Radio Show Interviews Judge Faith Jerkins
- YUNG GRAVY RELEASES NEW VIDEO “MAGIC”
- Multiple Promotions At Emmis/New York